Some articles collected from around Canada discussing the ‘re-alignment’ of the housing market or the ‘bubble bursting’. What are your thoughts? Interest rates have been kept the same this quarter so things can’t be THAT bad. It appears in most major markets there is a cool and will continue to in this trend (less housing starts less purchases). This can be attributed mostly to the declining national economy (blame America). The trend should continue for at least 12 months in our opinion, unless you live in Alberta, downward trends won’t occur unless there’s downwards oil prices….
Articles on the Housing Market
- The bubble about to burst in Canada for the housing market?
- Canadian homeownership red hot but mortgage debt hits 1 trillion.
- Analysts pit the cooling of the housing market to continue in key cities.
- Top markets are at a standstill for new sales.
- New listings slows in major markets.
- All signs point to slowdown, but for how long?