The federal Conservative government released their budget numbers yesterday to the tune of an 80 billion deficit over five years. Particular highlights included:
* Tax cuts for lower and middle-income earners worth C$20bn * C$12bn in infrastructure spending including roads, bridges and clean energy programs over two years * C$1.9bn in tax measures for businesses * Targeted loans and worker training programs
Here’s what has been said around the country:
- Top Canadian economists give their view.
- Conservative party’s blog perspective.
- Liberals to support with amendments.
- BBC makes their report.
- Greenpeace thinks everything is terrible including the budget.
- At least someone thinks the budget is a good idea.
- Problems with infrastructure money access imminent?