First time in 30 Years
Importers are thrilled, exporters are finding new ways to adjust. Tourists are reaping the benefits, domestic consumers still can’t catch a break. The new economy is hot, perhaps to hot in Canada, as for the first time since the 70’s the CDN dollar has hit par with the USD. In fact, considering the cash back rate one would actually LOSE money cashing in American dollars. Here are some articles collected from around the finance world on the day of the historic event. Post your thoughts below about how this change has affected your life and business.
- It was brief, but today the loonie hit parity
- Only stupid Canadians buy big ticket items in Canada. Save THOUSANDS buying in the US because
- A quick article on PPP or Purchasing Power Parity.
- Who’s going to benefit in Canada? Well for starters tourists will.
- Some history, Canada hits parity, first time since 1976.
- Why would the fun stop? Pay a premium for US dollars when you buy in Canada.
- Dollar headed for 1.05 against the US dollar.
- One of the reasons for a very strong CDN dollar? Oil keeps on climbing, now over 80/barrel.
- One of the reasons for the recent surge is the rate cut in the States by .05%. Some commodities benefit from the cut, not the USD though.
- Daily FX on the CDN movements upwards.
- The US dollar is also weaker against the Euro.
. Although it it slipped below later
, it certainly is a sign of things to come. manufacturers haven’t adjusted prices to reflect parity. It’ll happen I’m sure at this rate. [tags]cdn, cdn dolar, cdn $, cdn parity, canadian dollar, usd, loonie, dollar[/tags]
, it certainly is a sign of things to come.
manufacturers haven’t adjusted prices to reflect parity.
It’ll happen I’m sure at this rate.
[tags]cdn, cdn dolar, cdn $, cdn parity, canadian dollar, usd, loonie, dollar[/tags]